There is a whole list of things we need to evaluate so we can thrive in perimenopause, but before you get overwhelmed know that you don’t have to tackle everything at once. Some things will already be just as they need to be and others will need tweaks or changes. You’ll also be happy to hear that once you start working on one area others areas can naturally fall into balance too. Please know you are not alone, there are heaps of other women feeling the same way.
What’s interesting is that this transformational time really calls upon us to look within, see where we really are and what needs changing. This happens on all levels and aspects of our life. We seem to have this strong urge to fully live in our truth. In order to do this we need to make sure our body, mind, and spirit are in optimal health and balance.
This is a quick list of things to evaluate in no particular order:
- Gut Health and digestion
- Blood Sugar
- Movement and exercise
- Nutrition and nutrient deficiencies
- Mindset and emotional health
- Self Identity- So often I hear women say they feel like they don’t know who they are anymore or they don’t feel like themselves anymore.
- Stress Management
- Detoxification pathways and liver health
- Relationships- friends, family, coworkers, etc.
- Deciding whether you want to do bHRT
- Pelvic floor health
- Physical health in general and any known or stealth issues
- Bone health
- Cleaning products
- Environmental conditions around you
- Beauty products
Like I said before, please do not get overwhelmed by seeing this list! Start conversations with other ladies you know and chances are you’ll find that they feel the same way. You don’t have to do this alone, in fact it’s so important that you don’t! Seek someone to work with, join Facebook groups, talk with friends and family members, join a community of women going through perimenopause too. These are all topics I adress when working one on one with someone. Stay tuned to future posts as I dive deeper into each topic listed in relation to perimenopause.